Friday, September 2, 2011

September is...

  • Healthy Aging Month:  I'm sure you have heard comments like:  The wrinkles on my face are getting worse.  My grey hair is out of control.  My joints hurt all the time.  The list goes on and on.  Those things will continue to happen.  The question is, will you enjoy life, no matter how much your body changes.  Healthy Aging involves eating healthy, maintaining a state of mental wellness, being comfortable with your financial (investment) wellness, and have a fitness routine that suits your capabilities.  Find more information at www.healthyaging.net 
  • Marriage Health Month:  Marriage and PD...is a combination any married couple would choose not to be a part of.  The reality is, many marriages have failed while others have endured while living with PD.  Couples have a place to go for help.  The APDA (American Parkinson Disease Association) focuses on supporting the needs of young people with PD.  Stories you and I can relate to because my spouse has gone through it with me.  Learn more at www.youngparkinsons.org 
  • Self-improvement Month:  I am overworked and underpaid; I am out of shape; My life is hectic and stressful; My job sucks; My personal life, lets just say, Ugh!;  Nobody listens to me.  Ever say one, a few, or all of these things.  Remember, nothing is absolute - stay open to change.  A site to find a bevy of support information is at www..selfgrowth.com    
     

No comments:

Post a Comment