Friday, September 16, 2011

Do Something BOLD!


Diagnosed with early PD, you find yourself wondering how long you will be able to do the things you do today.  This blog is designed to provide information, and opinions how you might answer that question.  It relates to one of the three areas this blog was designed to focus on.  “Improve Quality of Life especially those diagnosed with PD.”

I was diagnosed in October, 2004.  An active lifestyle is the primary reason I am still in the “Early” stage today.

Challenge yourself to do something bold.  Break out of the daily routine.  Do something that will give you an adrenaline rush, get your heart thumping with excitement.

My “Life List” has a dozen or more items I want to accomplish before I am unable.  Last weekend, I chose…a Zip Line  Tour.  I have read accounts of the sport.  Now it was time to do it.  Labor Day Weekend, I booked the family with Glenwood Canyon Zipline Adventures at Glenwood Canyon Resort.

The tour takes you across the Colorado River, 50’ above the water (a distance of three football fields) in one span.   
Tower on the far side of the river.
A brief jaunt to another tower and you zip back across the river a second time.  My nine-year-old Grandson loved it as much as I did.
Grandson, Dylan, on his way across the river.
What a ride.   
GO, Man, GO!!!
 So take control of your life.  Give yourself an opportunity to enjoy something you may only do once in your life.  My guess is you will have lots of memories and no regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment